~by Haley Lynn Gray~
It’s always interesting to see how a business owner can go from being relatively obscure and invisible to being a sort of local celebrity. See, when I started my business a couple of years ago, nobody knew who I was. I’d post things on social media and go to networking meetings, and I’d get crickets. People just didn’t know who I was. Fortunately, that has changed over time. Sometimes it’s almost funny and embarrassing because it has changed SO much.
Fast forward to now, and I have a reach on social media of over 33,000 across all of my social media accounts and platforms. That’s a bit of a change for sure. From having trouble figuring out how to use Twitter to over 16,000 followers across my two accounts, it’s been a ride, and a serious learning experience.
So, what things happen when they know who you are?
1. You get clients who come to you out of nowhere and who will seek you out. You start to become the hunted rather than being the hunter.
2. It becomes easier to pitch yourself to blogs, podcasts and other news outlets because they respect your reach and your platform. They want that for their own businesses and are much more willing to speak to you.
3. People are more likely to partner with you. Once you have built your social clout and platform and are recognizable, people want to partner and collaborate with you.
4. You can sell products at higher price points than you might otherwise be able to. This is one of the biggest benefits I’ve seen. As you become a brand name and you are recognized, it gets progressively easier to do this. Trust will be more easily built because more and more people will know, like and trust you.
5. You will be able to create passive income streams. Things like books and e-courses become much more possible as you are better known. Don’t believe me? Which book will you buy on Amazon? The one with over 100 reviews or the one with 5 reviews?
6. Random people will try to connect with you for opportunities. Seemingly from out of nowhere, you’ll start getting messages in your inbox from people asking to connect and collaborate.
7. You make more sales. Sales start to flow and become much easier. If people don’t know, like and trust you, they won’t even talk to you. Once they start to know who you are, then they are MUCH more likely to reach out and do business with you.
When you become known, things become easier in your business. You will hit a tipping point where you are able to sell and people want to buy from you. They start to line up to participate in your programs. It is truly amazing!
Meet the Author: Haley Lynn Gray
Haley helps female entrepreneurs create a strategy plan for their businesses – so they can make enough money to spend quality time with their family, pay for their children’s dance lessons, pay bills – and not worry about where the next client is coming from.
Haley is a serial entrepreneur and founder of Leadership Girl. She helps other entrepreneurs build their businesses by sharing the benefits of her business education and experience through Business Coaching.
Whether you want to get a new business off the ground or expand an existing business, Haley can assist you.
Connect with Haley:
- Work with Haley: http://leadershipgirl.com/work-with-haley/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Leadershipgirl
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/haleygray