~by Haley Lynn Gray~
During the month of May I added 746 members to my Facebook group. I added just about 400 members in the month of April. I’m building my Facebook group quite quickly, but truly, I don’t want to spend a fortune on advertising. In one year, I added over 3200 members to the group. And I learned a little something along the way.
Here are some of my best tips for building a dynamic and engaged Facebook group:
1. Get a friend to help you with moderating the group and with posting to the group. The more posting you do, especially in the early days, the more your group will grow and engage.
3. Post a wide variety of content to the group. Jokes, videos, quotes, news articles – they’re all good. The more you can vary the content, while staying on topic, the better. You will get more engagement out of your group.
4. Run polls in your group and ask group members for their opinions on various subjects.
5. Create a pinned post on your Twitter feed asking people to join your group.
6. Create various posts for Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram in which you ask people to join your group.
7. Run challenges in your group that are 4-7 days long, and encourage people to join the group so they can participate in your challenge.
8. Run office hours in your group. Spend some time answering questions and purposefully being of service and engaging people.
9. Ask questions of your group members and get their opinions.
10. Institute a policy about how often people can post promotional content about their business in your group. Many group owners are moving away from allowing solicitations all the time. Instead, they are restricting those posts to a single thread once a week, or they are allowing one promotional post for a certain number of other more engaging posts. Some group owners don’t allow any soliciting at all in their group.
Building a fantastic, engaged group on Facebook isn’t rocket science, but you do have to be utterly consistent about it. The more you post, the more likely that people are going to respond back, and build that community, which is where you’ll be most successful.
Meet the Author: Haley Lynn Gray
Haley helps female entrepreneurs create a strategy plan for their businesses – so they can make enough money to spend quality time with their family, pay for their children’s dance lessons, pay bills – and not worry about where the next client is coming from.
Haley is a serial entrepreneur and founder of Leadership Girl. She helps other entrepreneurs build their businesses by sharing the benefits of her business education and experience through Business Coaching.
Whether you want to get a new business off the ground or expand an existing business, Haley can assist you.
Connect with Haley:
- Work with Haley: http://leadershipgirl.com/work-with-haley/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Leadershipgirl
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/haleygray