~by Donya Zimmerman~
Sometimes individuals sabotage their own success due to fear of failure. Some people tend to believe that only a certain group of individuals deserve success. If you have a desire to live an abundant life, then you must be willing to work at reaching it. Do not underestimate the power you have within yourself to have the success you deserve. When you are successful, you are an example to others as to how to live an enjoyable life. God expects His children to live an abundant life, as stated in Psalm 35:27, “Let the Lord be magnified, who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.” You were never meant to live a mediocre life; you were meant to live an extraordinary life.
The fear of success produces these six behaviors in individuals:
- Focusing on individuals who reject you instead of focusing on individuals who accept you.
- Focusing on insignificant things rather than on the main objective.
- Not taking actions to make your dreams come true, despite the many dreams you have
- Holding the belief that others deserve success, but not you.
Fear of success can come from having the following feelings or beliefs:
- You cannot fulfill the responsibilities and meet the expectations that come with success
- Others will be unhappy with your success
- You will lose your privacy if you are successful, and you want to maintain a normal life.
- You wish to please others who want to control your life. You do not want to hurt others’ feelings.
- You don’t deserve success
Everyone deserves to live an abundant life. You have to get rid of your “limited belief system” regarding success. Your “limited belief system” will leave you trapped in the same spot forever. You have to stop sabotaging your own success. With a strong belief system, God will provide you with the skills and strength to handle living an abundant life. In turn, you can help another individual learn how to live an abundant and successful life.
Meet the Author: Donya Zimmerman
Donya Zimmerman is a business consultant, mediator, and legal professional with over ten years of experience. Donya is also a public speaker and aspiring author.
She is owner of Family & Community Mediation and Business Consulting (FACMBC) and Powerful Biz Woman (subsidiary of FACMBC), both of which are based in Baltimore, MD.
Services provided by FACMBC: Mediation and Conflict Resolution Services; Business Registration Assistance; Business Plan Drafting Assistance; Business Certification Assistance; and Business Organization Assistance.
If you are thinking about starting your own small business or non-profit organization, do not hesitate to contact me because I can show you how to do so.
For more information about Donya: