One of my favorite pastimes is to practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty. I am coming to learn that giving is sometimes the best gift. Whether it’s buying someone’s lunch, or randomly giving away a box of Girl Scout Cookies, it is all good. I think it’s pretty good for my soul too.
Some Tips to Practice Random Acts of Kindness
- Pay for the person behind you in the drive-through. This is one of the most common random acts of kindness. This also works on toll roads, or in other similar situations
- Bring in Doughnuts, cookies, or even ice cream to work, and share it
- Take some money to a Girl Scout cookie booth, and offer to buy a box for the next person who comes up
- Leave a small bill in a library book- A dollar or two would be plenty
- Leave a small treat on a neighbor’s front porch
There are so many ideas for Random Acts of Kindness. What are yours? Which ones will you resolve to do in 2013?