I’m sitting here writing my first post since I finished the MBA at Duke, and it is a bit confusing to not have a pile of homework due,or about to be due. I thought I’d share some MBA statistics that I think sum up what the experience was about:
- 16 classes
- 1 Concentration
- 85 Students in my Class
- 8 Women
- 35 The average age in my Cohort
- 25 The number of Weekend Residencies
- 19 The number of months it took me to finish my classes
- 3 The Number of Months I worked on my Concentration Project (In Entrepreneurship and Innovation)
- Countless- the number of hours spent studying
- 1000 The approximate number of times people told me I was crazy while pursuing the MBA.
I will say that it was a lot of hard work. I also cried trying to get things done in time. I worked, and sweated finishing assignments on time, and also sweated making it through the entire process in one piece. There was also some blood involved when I fell out of the high ropes course during our first residency, and rope burned both of my hands. I ended up with blisters covering the palms of both hands. So, there was blood, sweat and tears as well.