Angie Carter is a mom of 3 and business owner. She made the transition from working for others to running her own business designing her own line of personalized totes in the wedding related space.
Working Mom Interview Q & A
1. Do you stay at home, work at home, or work-outside the home?
I stay at home and manage my business from an onsite detached workshop.
2. How many kids do you have?
3. What’s your go-to dinner during the week? Do you care to share a recipe?
Baked Chicken on the Grill
4. What are your best tips for staying sane?
Getting up early for quiet work time before the kids get up for school. And then staying up an hour after their bed time to tie up loose ends of the day.
5. What are your favorite tools for time/household management?
Keeping a regular work schedule, including breaks. I find that maintaining a regular schedule keeps your productivity is up.
6. Do you have pets? If so, what kind?
Yes; our family enjoys our 13 year old black Labrador retriever, Lady.
7. What are your hobbies?
Reading, cooking and sewing.
8. What’s on your bucket list?
To visit all the places I lived as a child.
9. If you work, what do you do? How did you decide?
I decided to consolidate all my skills acquired over my working career in a variety of graphic design jobs to design/print/sew my own line of personalized totes designed for Brides, Bridesmaids, Bachelorette Getaways; personalized Wedding Welcome Bags, and Destination Wedding Totes.
10. If you work, what’s the most rewarding part about it?
The most rewarding part of my work is knowing that I used my best skills to provide a quality product that any bride or wedding planner would be pleased with.
11. If you could choose any career, what would it be?
I would choose to be a lawyer because I like to analyze statistics and how the law applies in different scenarios.
12. If you could tell your younger self something, what would it be?
Don’t let the years go by without pursuing your dreams. Life is not as long as think. Life is quite short.