A “Rock Star Wannabe”, Working Mom Chris Szabo loves her work as an accountant, mastering challenges and sharing with others.
1. Do you stay at home, work at home, or work-outside the home?
I work outside the home.
2. How many kids do you have?
I have two – a girl and a boy. He’s 10, she’s almost 13, lord help us! 😉
3. What’s your go-to dinner during the week? Do you care to share a recipe?
Um, drive-thru? All kidding aside, we’ll usually barbecue something because it’s quick. Throw some rice & veggies on the side. Then most nights it’s to hockey or swimming.
4. What are your best tips for staying sane?
Anyone who knows me will tell you you’re asking the wrong person! But I’d say find the humour in as much as you can. Laughter makes anything easier!
5. What are your favorite tools for time/household management?
My iPhone. I’d be lost without it!
6. Do you have pets? If so, what kind?
No…. We had a rescue cat named Trouble for 13 years. She was 22 years when we had to let her go earlier this year. The kids just aren’t ready yet. She was their baby. ♡
7. What are your hobbies?
I love to go to see live concerts – the heavier the better! I have an ’84 Honda Magna V30 that I like to ride. And I crochet. I told you my sanity was questionable!
8. What’s on your bucket list?
I don’t know, I don’t really have one!
9. If you work, what do you do? How did you decide?
I’m an accountant for our local school division. I’ve always been a number nerd.
10. If you work, what’s the most rewarding part about it?
There’s so much I love about my work! I’ve been at my current employer for over a year, but I still feel like I have so much to learn, so mastering a challenge is a great feeling. I also like sharing what I’m learning with others, so seeing someone get that “a-ha!” moment always feels pretty awesome. I’m really fortunate to work with wonderful people, too. I’m a really lucky person!
11. If you could choose any career, what would it be?
Rock star. LMAO!
12. If you could tell your younger self something, what would it be?
Don’t change a thing – things turn out pretty good!