A busy Mom of two boys, Rachel Withers blogs about Fitness, Faith and Family at FitTriangleMom.com. A North Carolina native, she likes to share local activities happening in the Triangle region. When she’s not playing with her kids, she enjoys writing, reading, running, and date nights with her husband.
Interview Q & A:
1. Do you stay at home, work at home, or work outside the home?
I stay at home with my kids and blog part-time at FitTriangleMom.com
2. How many kids do you have?
2 boys, ages 3 & 6.
3. What’s your go-to dinner during the week? Do you care to share a recipe?
Spaghetti and meat sauce.
Choose a pasta – We use ziti because it’s easy for the kids to eat.
Boil water, add a bit of canola oil, add pasta once the water starts boiling, turn the heat down to medium and let it cook for about 10-12 minutes. Drain. Stir in some butter, add a couple dashes of Italian Seasoning and Garlic spices.
Meat Sauce – Brown 1lb of ground beef, squirt a bit of lime juice in beef, once browned, drain grease, pour in your choice of sauce, add a can of sliced mushrooms. Serve when warm.
If I have the ingredients, I’ll make a salad. Grab a bottle of wine and Enjoy!
4. What are your best tips for staying sane?
Planning date nights with my husband and girl’s nights. Blogging and writing relaxes me. Exercising regularly. Running the trails near our house.
5. What are your favorite tools for time/household management?
I create a meal plan chart to help me schedule our dinners.
The calendar on my iPhone, keeps me updated on appointments and events.
A calendar on the fridge keeps me up-to-date on birthdays.
I schedule my cleaning/laundry tasks, daily. A little bit each day so I don’t feel overwhelmed.
6. Do you have pets? If so, what kind?
Yes, 1 dog, Dart. He’s a Lab/Beagle Mix.
7. What are your hobbies?
Writing, Reading, Fitness, Running
8. What’s on your bucket list?
Get a tattoo, take a trip to Italy, write a book.
9. If you work, what do you do? How did you decide?
I write a blog. Before kids, I was a writer for the News & Observer. Blogging allows me to continue writing while staying at home with my kids.
10. If you work, what’s the most rewarding part about it?
Having people tell me how a post encouraged them to start exercising, eat healthy or try an activity I suggested.
11. If you could choose any career, what would it be?
Philanthropist and volunteer
12. If you could tell your younger self something, what would it be?
Take your time. Don’t rush. Enjoy every minute because it goes fast!