10 Easy Things You Can Do To Grow your Business
~by Haley Lynn Gray~
There are lots of people out there right now looking to buy whatever it is that your business is selling, but they don’t know about you, or your product or service. That is absolutely true whether you are cleaning houses, or whether you are a travel agent, real estate agent, or a business coach, life coach, or any other business. So, how do you close that gap right now to get in front of those people? What are some easy, inexpensive things that you can do right now to tell the world about your business?
- Create a Facebook Page, and put pictures up. Then invite your friends and family to like and share it. They are your team.
- Add Your Business to your Facebook Profile. Easy, right? Yet, how many of us just think that Facebook is for friends, and don’t link to our business that way? You’re doing yourself, and your potential customers, a disservice.
- Add your Business to your Email Signature. This one is also super easy. Put a link on all of your email signatures, so that people can see what you do. It doesn’t have to be fancy, but tell the world what you do – they DO notice. I can’t tell you how many comments I get about my signature, and about quotes in my signature.
- Build Relationships in Your Community. People buy from those they know, like and trust. They have to have a relationship with you, or perceive that they do, in order for them to want to do this. That may mean figuring out where your target demographic hangs out, and putting yourself there by volunteering.
- Facebook Groups. Find Facebook groups where your target demographic hangs out, and hang out there too. Never, ever do drive-by postings about your business, but instead become a trusted resource. If you don’t have time to make a meaningful contribution, do NOT use this method.
- Magnets on your car, especially the back and sides. I get stopped regularly in the drive-through with people asking me if I am with the business on the magnets on the side of my car. I’ve gotten clients that way. How easy is that?
- Carry Business Cards. You can order business cards super cheap from Vistaprint, and should carry them with you wherever you go. Hand them out like candy.
- Write Thank You Notes to Current Clients, and Ask for Referrals. After you perform a service or sell something to someone, ask them to refer someone else to you if they liked your service. If you don’t ask, you won’t receive!
- Use LinkedIn to Network. It’s amazing how many people you’ve probably worked with in the past, and how many people you know in the community. Use LinkedIn to connect to people and reach out to them for business.
- Ask Your Friends and Families for Referrals. Your friends and family will be your biggest advocates, and they will be your first customers. Make sure you are asking them for those referrals!
I hope that these steps will help you grow your business easily – and inexpensively.
Meet the Author: Haley Lynn Gray
Haley works with female entrepreneurs. The only problem? Many want their business to grow so that they can make money to pay the bills, send the kids to dance lessons, and be able to spend quality time with the kids.
Haley works with her clients to create a strategy plan for their business – so that they can make enough money to spend that quality time with their family, pay for their children’s lessons, pay bills, and not worry about where the next client is coming from.
Haley is a serial entrepreneur and founder of Leadership Girl. She offers Business Coaching, Business Plan Development and Strategy Sessions for entrepreneurs. Whether you want to get a new business off the ground, or expand an existing business, Haley can assist you.
Connect with Haley: