100 Favorite Social Media Conversation Starters for Better Engagement
Getting the ball rolling on a conversation and getting people to engage on your social media accounts can be quite a challenge. It takes a variety of content such as helpful information, inspirational posts or a simple question. But so many people are left wondering what they should post to get engagement. After all, getting organic engagement can be THE Holy Grail for all social media marketers.
I’ve spent countless hours coming up with and building a list of social media conversation starters that would encourage people to respond to my posts in my Facebook Group and in my other social media accounts. I decided to share this list with you, so you could have some ideas, because people are always telling me that they struggle with this.
Try these out on your social media, and let me know how they work for you!
Here are 100 of my favorite conversation starters for social media:
1. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
3. What is your favorite small, local business? Why?
4. If you could be a Disney Princess, which one would you be?
5. If you could have dinner with any person living or dead, who would it be?
6. How many languages do you speak (and which ones)?
7. How many schools did you attend while growing up?
8. What is your favorite TV show?
9. What was the last great movie you saw?
10. Do you give money to panhandlers?
11. What is your favorite restaurant?
12. How many hours of sleep did you get last night?
13. What did you study in college and what do you do now?
14. What is your favorite way to keep healthy?
15. What is the last random act of kindness you performed?
16. Would you rather sit or stand all day?
17. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
18. What one decision in your life would you go back and change?
19. Do you wear makeup?
20. Do you read your emails every day?
21. What one thing would you tell your 10 year old self?
22. What is your beverage of choice?
23. What is your go-to snack?
24. What part of the world are you in?
25. Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
26. What is your favorite Social Media platform?
27. When is the last time you ate out?
28. What is the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
30. What is the last picture on your camera?
31. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
32. iPhone or Android?
33. Could you live without social media?
34. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what one thing would you want to have?
35. What is your biggest accomplishment?
36. What is the highest level of education you’ve achieved, and what was it?
37. How old were you when you learned to swim?
38. How old were you when you learned to ride a bike?
39. Do you eat pizza with your hands or with a fork and knife?
40. What is your favorite memory as a child?
41. Who is your favorite Disney Character, and why?
42. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
43. How many hours per week do you tend to work on average?
44. What is your favorite day of the week?
45. Post a recent photo of yourself.
46. How do you stand out from everyone else in your industry?
47. What is your superpower?
48. If you could go back and change one decision from the early stages of your business, what would it be and why?
49. What is your favorite breakfast?
50. Who is your idol?
Click HERE for the next 50!
Want even more ideas for your posts? I understand. Here’s a list of 100 ideas for social media posts.
Meet the Author: Haley Lynn Gray
Haley helps female entrepreneurs create a strategy plan for their businesses – so they can make enough money to spend quality time with their family, pay for their children’s dance lessons, pay bills – and not worry about where the next client is coming from.
Haley is a serial entrepreneur and founder of Leadership Girl. She helps other entrepreneurs build their businesses by sharing the benefits of her business education and experience through Business Coaching.
Whether you want to get a new business off the ground or expand an existing business, Haley can assist you.
Connect with Haley:
- Work with Haley: http://leadershipgirl.com/work-with-haley/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Leadershipgirl
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/haleygray