It’s the time of year when everyone is thinking about giving back to the community. I think that one of the strongest examples we can set as leaders is to give back ourselves. Here are some ideas for ways to give back to the community.
- Volunteer to lead a Girl Scout or Boy Scout Troop or Den.
- Organize or participate in a neighborhood food drive for your local food bank
- Bring gifts to a needy family or sign up for an Angel Tree Child
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen or food pantry regularly
- Volunteer at a thrift store such as the Habitat for Humanity re-use store regularly
I think it’s very important to set a positive example to those around me. Since it is better to lead by example than by words alone, taking action, and following through are critical.
What are your ideas for giving back?