~by Haley Lynn Gray~
A lot of people want to love LinkedIn for finding clients and jobs, but they really don’t know how to make it work for them, so they don’t just fall in love with it. Let me first start by saying that I understand completely. Every social media platform has its own rules and conventions to use it effectively. Those rules and conventions change over time, so even if you think you know what you’re doing, the rules might be shifting out from underneath you.
With that in mind, there are certain things that you can do on LinkedIn to improve your visibility and the usefulness of the platform… if you’re willing to invest the energy and the effort.
1. Update your LinkedIn Profile regularly. You should have current information on your page, and make sure that you update it to include major accomplishments.
2. Request recommendations from people you’ve worked on a regular basis. This needs to be an ongoing strategy. Think about how it looks if someone is considering hiring you. Would you want to hire the person with a ton of recommendations, or the one with none?
3. Create a business page for your business (if you have one) on LinkedIn, and start posting useful content to this page often. Make sure you share it and get people to follow it as well.
4. Update your page with useful, helpful information consistently.
5. Post articles to LinkedIn Pulse regularly. If you blog, you can use those blog articles on LinkedIn Pulse. But hold off posting on LinkedIn Pulse for a couple of weeks after posting them on your own blog.
6. Find LinkedIn groups that you would like to participate in, and be sure to participate in those groups frequently.
Like any other social media platform, you will have success if you put the time and energy into the platform. So pick or choose a couple of platforms that you want to get results from, and use those. Use the ones that make the most sense for your business and where you will find the most ideal clients.
Meet the Author: Haley Lynn Gray
Haley helps female entrepreneurs create a strategy plan for their businesses – so they can make enough money to spend quality time with their family, pay for their children’s dance lessons, pay bills – and not worry about where the next client is coming from.
Haley is a serial entrepreneur and founder of Leadership Girl. She helps other entrepreneurs build their businesses by sharing the benefits of her business education and experience through Business Coaching.
Whether you want to get a new business off the ground or expand an existing business, Haley can assist you.
Connect with Haley:
- Work with Haley: https://leadershipgirl.com/work-with-haley/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Leadershipgirl
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/haleygray