No two customers view a product the same. This fact alone can cause a variety of feedback and responses from consumers. BrightLocal reports 86% of consumers read reviews of local businesses. This audience is too significant to ignore, which proves why companies are investing time into negative review responses.
How a business reacts to negative reviews can significantly impact future consumer perceptions of your company’s customer service and brand. Here are some general tips for responding to negative reviews.
- Accept the concern and apologize
- Put yourself in the customer’s shoes
- Avoid online arguments
- Present contact info for additional support
- Take steps to solve the situation
- Reply to reviews with gratitude
- End with a status update for future customers
Whether your goal is to re-win a customer’s trust or to avoid scaring future customers, navigating online reviews are crucial to a company’s success. Check out the infographic from Housecall Pro below for real review examples and tips for drafting your response.