Entrepreneur Interview – Julie Grimmett
Julie Grimmett is a co-founder of North Texas M.A.D.E. She is passionate about buying local and supporting handmade. She is obsessed with fiber arts, is a Mom to three boys who inspire her, and is a self-described food enthusiast.
Cassie is a co-founder of North Texas M.A.D.E. She wanted to network within the handmade community and learn from other small, handmade business owners. She’s formed friendships and discovered a few new crafty passions. Along the way she has grown this new drive to help promote the handmade community, shopping local and supporting small business.
Interview Q & A
1. What is your business/Business Name? What does your business do?
North Texas M.A.D.E. –
A collection of independent artists, crafters and designers in the North Texas area striving to raise awareness of the handmade movement. Our overall mission is to buy, sell and live handmade.
2. Why did you get into this field? What opportunities did you see?
We wanted a way to support fellow small businesses and promote the handmade community. We love the recent focus on buying local and supporting sustainable business practices.
3. What have been your biggest challenges?
Our biggest challenge has been getting people to think about their buying habits, and learning what it really means to support small business owners.
4. What has been your greatest reward?
Being able to mentor a small business owner that is just starting out. And then seeing fellow business owners meet and exceed their business goals.
7. Social Media. Yay or Nay?
Social Media, Yay! We utilize many different social media channels.
8. How do you market your products?
We use our social media accounts to promote our team members and events.
9. Is your business a service or a product? If you are a product, how do you handle production?
Our business is primarily a service, where we promote our team members who do offer a variety of handmade products.
10. What is unique about your business?
Our team members are all local artisans who create unique and handmade pieces.
12. How can people get in touch with you? What’s your website/Contact information?