Mike Niemchak is a personal trainer who specializes in the proper mechanics, flexibility and stability of the body BEFORE getting into a strength based program. Preventing injury and reducing pain is the primary goal of his services, and he works with anyone who is looking to improve their health, physique and quality of life.
Interview Q & A
1. What is your business/Business Name? What does your business do?
Ideal Lifestyle Advocates is a lifestyle medicine practice specializing in improving lifestyle habits and quality of life. This is done through nutrition, chiropractic care and total body training that improves movement and reduces pain and risk of injury.
2. Why did you get into this field? What opportunities did you see?
I got into this field because I wanted to stay healthy and fit into old age, and I wanted to share what I have learned with others so that they may live a HEALTHspan that is as close to their LIFEspan as possible!
3. What have been your biggest challenges?
My biggest challenge has been getting people into our new facility here in Raleigh so that they can get a feeling for what we offer and make a decision whether we can work together or not.
4. What has been your greatest reward?
The greatest reward for me has been hearing the improvements in my clients’ lives and how much better they feel, how good they look, and how much stronger and more flexible they are… Making their lives better!
5. If you could change something, what would it be?
I would change my lack of knowledge in sales/marketing. I love the science of the human body. I am not so great in the initial explanation and “sales pitch” of what I do for people.
6. If you could give a new entrepreneur advice, what would it be?
Create excellent people skills, stay honest in all that you do, and save up before getting into business.
7. Social Media. Yay or Nay?
Yay, to a certain degree.
8. How do you market your products?
Currently I market through word of mouth, and attending MeetUp groups.
9. Is your business a service or a product? If you are a product, how do you handle production?
Our business is a service.
10. What is unique about your business?
Our business is unique in that we take an individual where they are at currently, and create a program that will work for them. Creating attainable goals for them to reach and keep the reward system consistent, which continuously motivates that person to continue to live a happy, healthy, and whole life!
11. Sell me your product/service.
Once upon a time there was a Dr. of Chiropractic who suffered from low back pain. He was a little overweight, had low energy and was not very happy.
Every day he would wake up and take his prescription pain medications just to get through the day. One day he said, “enough is enough, something has GOT to give!”.
Because of that, he started taking herbal supplements and changing his diet, which made him lose weight and took away his back pain. Because of that, he no longer had a need to take any prescription medications, and he knew he wanted to help other people who suffer with low energy, extra weight and other conditions of lifestyle.
Eventually, this Doctor had a son who grew up, and he too wanted to help people. So together they created Ideal Lifestyle Advocates (ILA). Living Healthy, Happy and Whole!
I am that son!
I am Mike Niemchak!
I am I.L.A.
12. How can people get in touch with you? What’s your website/Contact information?
- Phone: 919-830-6472
- Address: 3820 Merton Dr., Suite 105, Raleigh, North Carolina 27609