Morissa Schwartz is a digital entrepreneur, singer, bestselling author, Guinness World Record Breaker, and professional speaker. You’ve seen her on MTV, Fox, News 12, and more, and read her work for Entertainment Weekly, Hello Giggles, and more.
Entrepreneur Interview Q & A
1. What is your business/Business Name? What does your business do?
GenZ Publishing is an innovative publishing company that seeks to publish the kinds of books and authors we don’t often see published by other publishers.
2. Why did you get into this field? What opportunities did you see?
I had my first book professionally published and go on to be a bestseller when I was in college. So many people asked me how I got a book published at such a young age, and I didn’t have a great answer for them. I knew I was incredibly lucky. So I started a publishing company to allow authors my own age, new authors, and innovative authors a place to be published.
3. What have been your biggest challenges?
At the beginning it was my age (I was a college student!) and getting people to take me seriously while I gained confidence in myself.
4. What has been your greatest reward?
Seeing the authors’ excitement when they are published. It is life changing.
5. If you could change something, what would it be?
It may sound like a cliché, but it would be less hate and more tolerance. See, I am a strong believer that, “there’s no one you wouldn’t love once you learn their story.”
6. If you could give a new entrepreneur advice, what would it be?
Be not afraid. It may seem extremely difficult and impossible, but if you believe you will be a success, you will stop at nothing until you are.
7. Social Media. Yay or Nay?
Yay, yay, 100% yay! My business would not exist without social media. See, I started my company as a college student with no budget. I grew GenZ through social media outreach; that was it. Social media is incredible.
8. How do you market your products?
Social media. Book festivals, fairs, and readings. Our website: GenZPublishing.org.
9. Is your business a service or a product? If you are a product, how do you handle production?
We have eBooks and paperback books.
10. What is unique about your business?
We give a voice to an innovative group of people often unheard of.
11. Sell me your product/service.
Reading the same books as everyone else will just mean that you think like everyone else. With GenZ’s books, you can challenge your mind and expectations with innovative books written by some of the brightest writers of our time.
12. How can people get in touch with you? What’s your website/Contact information?