Entrepreneur Interview – Raelyn Tan
Raelyn Tan is a blogging and digital marketing strategist. She helps online entrepreneurs like you grow their blog audience, build their freedom business and travel the world.
Entrepreneur Interview Q & A
1. What is your business/Business Name? What does your business do?
I launched my blog, raelyntan.com, to help bloggers and online entrepreneurs build their dream profitable blog business.
2. Why did you get into this field? What opportunities did you see?
I spent 10 years blogging before doing digital marketing in the corporate world. One day I made a decision: Why don’t I post a couple of blogging & marketing strategies that I like on the web? And it took off from there. After awhile, I decided to launch my business doing exactly what I love.
I knew it was only a matter of time before I decided to launch as I had a passion for entrepreneurs. I had a big vision and dream, the right strategy all planned out, and I would like to think that God gave me any courage I need.
3. What have been your biggest challenges?
I would say my biggest struggle was building a brand that was 100% authentically me. I think it boils down to confidence – the more confident you are in the value you provide to the world, the brighter your gifts will shine.
Tactically, I zoned in on my gifts, my messaging and what I could do differently from everyone else in the same industry.
Also, it gets lonely after awhile, when all your new friends only exist behind the screen.
4. What has been your greatest reward?
Reaching 5,000 people in my community and seeing blogger after blogger build a business that they are passionate about. I gave myself a pat on the back and gave myself a day off!
5. If you could change something, what would it be?
Nothing much, it has not been a smooth ride but I believe God puts us where we are for a reason.
6. If you could give a new entrepreneur advice, what would it be?
Start a business that you love, otherwise you’ll burn out after a few years and then you have to start from scratch again.
7. Social Media. Yay or Nay?
Definitely yay, but do not forget to build your email list as social media platforms come and go!
8. How do you market your products?
I give massive value through my content, and I regularly make an effort to connect with my readers through my email list and Facebook group community, Blogging Biz on Turbo.
9. Is your business a service or a product? If you are a product, how do you handle production?
Services, I sell some e-courses too.
10. What is unique about your business?
I keep things simple. I value transformation, not information. In an industry that provides so much information, I pride myself in providing results-driven help that my community can ACT on.
I specialize in helping people build a blog audience, and then selling stuff to that audience.
11. Sell me your product/service.
I know what you need now is not more information, but actual results.
I get straight to the point, and I will tell you like it is, but in a gentle way.
I listen, and I come up with action plans for you to get the results you want.
Check out my free no-fluff tutorials over at my blog, and you’ll know that I can help you reach your dreams.
12. How can people get in touch with you? What’s your website/Contact information?
- Website: www.raelyntan.com
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/raelyntan
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/raelyntan