Ramona Taylor is a human resources entrepreneur. She made the transition from working for somebody else to starting her own staffing and training business, and also helps other professional women become entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneur Interview Q & A
1. What is your business/Business Name? What does your business do?
My business is Abundant Staffing and Training. We provide human resources placement and training services to companies. Additionally, we provide executive career coaching to professional women who are seeking to transition into the next role or entrepreneurship.
2. Why did you get into this field? What opportunities did you see?
Career training and placement was the first love of my career life. The HR training came via my education. I have a Masters in HR Management. I noticed my career experience and education could take me into a variety of paths. Since I really like to help people, I began coaching and added the training and speaking component to my company.
3. What have been your biggest challenges?
Some of my biggest challenges as an entrepreneur are obtaining paying clients, and not realizing I needed to expand my business before the storm began. I was getting burned out and overwhelmed because I could not afford to pay an assistant to help. I quickly realized that I could not afford to not hire an assistant.
4. What has been your greatest reward?
My greatest reward has been to see others reap the benefits of my service and become successful. Whether they utilized my coaching or training services, my satisfaction came from their happiness and life changes they made due to the service they received.
5. If you could change something, what would it be?
If I could change something, I would step away from the daily operations of the business and simply train, coach and/or speak around the country on a daily basis.
6. If you could give a new entrepreneur advice, what would it be?
Know your niche before you start your business and know where to find them. Make certain you have a balanced support circle of friends, family and former colleagues who understand the life and business of an entrepreneur.
7. Social Media. Yay or Nay?
Online via Facebook, Amazon, my website, Google ads, Twitter, Instagram, Blogs, conference sponsorships
9. Is your business a service or a product? If you are a product, how do you handle production?
Service – training manuals and workbooks are provided as part of the training sessions.
10. What is unique about your business?
My business is virtually run and unique. We tailor all of training based upon the company assessments. We have a hands on approach and I am easily accessible.
11. Sell me your product/service.
Abundant Staffing Agency has over 15 years in business and 30 years of expertise. We provide management, leadership, customer service, and entrepreneurial training. Our staff of Subject Matter Experts (SME) is continuously trained and provides current training/coaching techniques to you and/or your employees. Training is essential; therefore, all of our training/coaching services are customized according to your needs. Thanks to technology, we train globally both onsite and virtually. A small investment can reap an abundance of profit in the end.
12. How can people get in touch with you? What’s your website/Contact information?
- Websites: www.ramonataylor.com & www.abundantstaffingagency.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org