Entrepreneur Valerie Jurik is a Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS), keynote speaker, consultant, and entrepreneur with over 30 years experience in the healthcare, medical equipment, and construction fields. She is the CEO, Founder, and Owner of Infinite Home Resource (IHR) and Freedom Frogs.
Entrepreneur Interview Q & A
1. What is your business/Business Name? What does your business do?
Freedom Frogs (FF). FF’s purpose is to keep people living at home safer and more independently, regardless of age. FF is a team of healthcare professionals who connect people with a need, to a business that will provide a solution
2. Why did you get into this field? What opportunities did you see?
I’ve been helping people in the healthcare arena for over 30 years. I followed my mother when she worked in a hospital. I was 14 and a volunteer. I’ve never looked back. Understanding the aging population and one’s desire to stay in their home unleashed multi-layered opportunities.
3. What have been your biggest challenges?
Getting people to understand that aging is inevitable! 🙂
I have a joke… “I didn’t realize how many people are Egyptian…you’re all in de-Nile”
Baby boomers are aging physically, but their brains still think it’s 1980! Getting people to be proactive in a reactive society…that’s a challenge.
4. What has been your greatest reward?
Watching people when they “get it”. They understand that we have options to age in place at home – and home is where the heart is. When I can help make a difference I’ve received my reward.
5. If you could change something, what would it be?
Simply put – the way our country sees and helps the aging population on all levels.
6. If you could give a new entrepreneur advice, what would it be?
Never give up on your vision. Just when you think all else has failed and the river has dried up, there will be a knock. It will be opportunity. Maybe not in the form in which you thought – but a better one. One you didn’t think about. So be pliable. Thinking inside the box only means you’re contained. Carry dynamite.
7. Social Media. Yay or Nay?
YAY! I have a great team driven by youth power! My message goes out on multiple platforms… and it’s received.
8. How do you market your products?
The message gets out via a monthly newsletter, blogs, industry articles, videos, radio, TV, presentations/professional speaker, knocking on doors, and making personal calls.
9. Is your business a service or a product? If you are a product, how do you handle production?
We are a bit of both. Freedom Frogs is a service which helps people understand the products and services that are available to promote living at home safely and independently.
10. What is unique about your business?
We are a free one-stop-shop for connecting all services and products to people that help them to age in place. We like to see ourselves as a continuum of care. I have yet to find another business doing the same.
11. Sell me your product/service.
Are you retired? Soon to be retired? Thinking about where to live now, soon, or at the 10-15 year mark? There are many choices for where to live… but what if that choice is at home? Or in a local neighborhood in a smaller version of what’s now? Or in a continuing care environment?
Freedom Frogs educates and connects you with businesses that will help get you there. Get you to that dream of living where you want, for as long as you want.
12. How can people get in touch with you? What’s your website/Contact information?
- Email: Valerie@InfiniteHomeResource.com
- Website: www.InfiniteHomeResource.com
- Phone: 919-719-3535