~by Crystal Dallner~
Remember playing the game “Follow the Leader” when you were young? The game where one person is the leader and everyone else follows them down hills, around obstacles, through puddles, and over fences. When you were little, you had fun just following along and being a part of something fun.
Social media marketing is similar to this game. You can become a leader in your industry and have others listen to and follow you, which is a huge benefit to your business. Followers use their valuable time to visit you online, so reward them with engaging, entertaining, and informative content that will keep them coming back to your social media pages.
Connecting with your audience is the goal: If what you say is relevant, newsworthy, or resonates with them, your followers will get engaged with you by liking, commenting, or sharing your content. Their engagement generates more exposure for your small business, so it’s a win-win!
Here are a few ways to gain more engaged fans:
- Create a social media marketing strategy. In this marketing plan, outline your goals, identify your audience and determine what content to post that will help both you and your audience.
- Only put out great content.
- Engage and interact with your fans by asking questions. You’ll learn more about them and make them feel special at the same time.
- Ask your fans for questions or advice they want.
- Experiment with weekly posts, like “Motivational Monday” or “Fun Friday.”
- Show videos with how-to tips using your service or products.
- Share courageous stories of accomplishments of those who have experienced similar struggles shared by your audience.
- Inspire your fans with motivating quotes.
- Buy ads on the social media sites where you post.
- Post regularly (every day if you have the time and resources!) and remember to stay in front of your audience on a regular basis..
Remember, if you only show up sporadically on social media, your fans will only show up sporadically!
Being a leader on social media takes time and commitment. By keeping true to your business goals of informing, entertaining and engaging your fans and growing your customer base, you will develop loyal followers and customers.
Meet the Author: Crystal Dallner
Crystal Dallner teaches Do-it-Yourself Marketing to business owners. Get your FREE Marketing Tips: 3 Secrets to Gain more Clients at: www.studioOFideas.com.
For Creative Marketing Ideas, ‘Like’ Studio of Ideas on Facebook and Follow her on Twitter at: @CrystalDallner.