~by Haley Lynn Gray~
Have you ever had times in your business when everything seemed chaotic? Were you able to stay focused?
There are plenty of days when things don’t go nearly as anticipated in business and entrepreneurship. People get sick. Kids get sent home from school. Clients ask for refunds, or don’t pay. Or you lose lots of clients.
In business, there are days when everything goes sideways. That is just the nature of the beast.
Sometimes the situation is entirely out of your hands, and your best course of action is damage control. It can be demoralizing, and not easy to deal with, as you get your head handed to you on a platter sometimes. You get knocked down, but for the sake of your family, your livelihood, your business, and your employees, you have to pick yourself up and dust yourself off.
Doing business can be chaotic, with pieces moving in many directions at once. You have to keep focus to keep achieving results. The more you can focus, the better your outcome will be.
Here are 3 tips to help you stay focused during challenging times:
- Remind yourself of why you do this. I have pictures, and a Pinterest board to remind myself of why I do all this crazy stuff to build my business.
- Affirmations. I have affirmations stuck all over my monitor and computer. I read them often, and sometimes I read them out loud so that I can remember what my goal is and why I’m doing this.
- Give yourself time to grieve when things go wrong. Don’t assume that you have to pop right up and be cheerful.
At the end of the day, your success will be measured by how well you managed to keep focus, and to stick with your business and your tasks at hand. Success is determined in large part by how focused you stay.
Meet the Author: Haley Lynn Gray
Haley helps female entrepreneurs create a strategy plan for their businesses – so they can make enough money to spend quality time with their family, pay for their children’s dance lessons, pay bills – and not worry about where the next client is coming from.
Haley is a serial entrepreneur and founder of Leadership Girl. She helps other entrepreneurs build their businesses by sharing the benefits of her business education and experience through Business Coaching.
Whether you want to get a new business off the ground or expand an existing business, Haley can assist you.
Connect with Haley:
- Work with Haley: https://leadershipgirl.com/work-with-haley/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Leadershipgirl
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/haleygray