How to Manage Twitter and Work it for Your Business
~by Haley Lynn Gray~.
Twitter is one of those social media platforms that a lot of people think is passé, or that they just don’t get or understand. I’ve heard it said that Twitter is dead too many times to count. Yet, I’ve found that Twitter is one of the biggest powerhouses for helping me grow my business. Once I finally started to get the hang of it, I realized just how much money I was leaving on the table by not using Twitter. And I was shocked at how easy it can be to manage it.
Here are some tips for managing Twitter to make it work better for you.
1) To get Twitter to work for you, you need followers. The more followers the better. Obviously, they need to be good quality, and not bought or random followers. You can get people to follow you by following others who you are interested in, and then checking to see if they follow you back. The second way to do this is by using a tool like Social Quant to find followers based on keywords you specify. They offer a 14 day free trial. I’ve used it to grow my following and also my clients’ following tremendously in that trial period. It’s pretty amazing!
2) Update your Twitter header to reflect what you do and how people can connect with you.
3) Update your Twitter profile to include an accurate description of what you do. If you’ve written a book, include a link to that book to drive traffic there. Make sure you update your location and your website URL.
4) Include a good headshot or a clear business logo if you are a larger business. People typically prefer to engage with a person, so having a headshot is an important piece to the know, like, and trust factor of growing your business.
5) Post high quality content regularly. That could be once a day, or up to 70 times per day. It depends on how much content you have available to you to do this. The more content you post, the better your results will be.
6) When someone re-tweets your content, thank them for re-tweeting your content.
The more you work with Twitter, the more business opportunities you’ll discover, and the more you’ll be able to grow your business. You may be completely surprised at the sheer amount of business that can come from Twitter.
Have you been using Google as your business consultant?
Are you ready to start working with an expert in business instead?
.Meet the Author: Haley Lynn Gray
Haley helps female entrepreneurs create a strategy plan for their businesses – so they can make enough money to spend quality time with their family, pay for their children’s dance lessons, pay bills – and not worry about where the next client is coming from.
Haley is a serial entrepreneur and founder of Leadership Girl. She helps other entrepreneurs build their businesses by sharing the benefits of her business education and experience through Business Coaching.
Whether you want to get a new business off the ground or expand an existing business, Haley can assist you.
Connect with Haley: