Some of my favorite things in life are random acts of kindness and paying it forward. In this post, I’ll talk about ways to pay it forward in the workplace. Why would you want to do such a thing? It boils down to a simple concept that transcends cultures – Karma. I firmly believe that paying it forward in the workplace is one of the keys to being successful.
- Write a thank you note when someone does something nice for you, and send it to their manager.
- Do something nice for the most difficult person that you work with. Sometimes a bit of kindness goes a long way.
- Buy coffee or lunch for the person behind you in line, and ask them to pay it forward.
- Bring in doughnuts or bagels for breakfast for the department, or maybe just cookies one afternoon.
- Help someone do something above and beyond your usual routine, just because you can.
In short, paying it forward, and encouraging others to pay it forward in the workplace is a fun way to contribute to a great work environment. Don’t leave it up to only management to set the tone of the office – you can contribute as well. Consider finding new ways to pay it forward in the workplace.
What ways can you think of to pay it forward in the workplace?
next: Girl Scout Cookie Time
If you liked this post, then sign up for our mailing list!