Self-Nourishment Lesson #1: Establish Routines
~by Susan McGuire~
Do you feel you have more to do than you can possibly complete each day?
For most women, there’s so much to accomplish every day. As much as women do manage to squeeze into a 24-hour day, they could be considered Super Women. But even a “Super Woman” needs fuel, nourishment and care. Otherwise, “Super Woman” will run out of steam and become “Wiped-out Woman”.
Don’t let yourself get so run down that you’re in a perpetual state of exhaustion. Instead, set yourself up for success by taking care of yourself and getting the nourishment you need.
There are many ways in which women need to self-nourish. This is first in a series of posts in which I’ll focus on various lessons of self-nourishment you should be practicing on a daily basis.
Self-Nourishment Lesson #1: Establish Bedtime Routines
Take time to wind down, organize and settle yourself at the end of each day. As the family role model, this should encourage the rest of your family to follow your lead, with the added benefit of reinforcing your kids’ bedtime routine.
- Check your calendar for the next day. Plan for your appointments. Organize and prepare yourself.
- Tidy up the kitchen, plan your meals and set up breakfast .
- Set aside your outfit for the next day. You don’t want to be rushed the next morning trying to figure out what to wear. You may even want to do this on a weekly basis rather than daily.
- Shut off ALL electronic devices 30 minutes before bedtime. That goes for everybody in the family. Devices should not be kept in the bedroom at night. If you generally have a hard time sleeping, your phone could be the culprit.
- Brush your teeth and use a tongue scraper. Tongue scraping is just as important as brushing your teeth.
- Fill out your daily Gratitude Journal. Keeping a Gratitude Journal will help you focus on the positive things in your life.
- Clear your mind from the day’s events, and read your favorite fiction as you settle in to bed.
- Set a regular time for retiring for the day. By keeping to a regular bed time, you are prioritizing sleep. And after a good night’s sleep, you should be refreshed and ready to conquer the day!
When you have more control of your schedule, you’ll find you have more time to complete your tasks. By nourishing yourself, you’ll feel better, sleep better and accomplish more. As you follow, and stick to, regular bedtime routines, you’ll set the tone for success the next day.
Every Super Woman needs nourishment.
Meet the Author: Susan McGuire
If you’re ready, willing and motivated to take charge of your health and transform your life, then contact Coach Susan for a Complimentary Breakthrough Session.
As a Holistic Health Coach and Lifestyle Guide, Susan takes a practical, comprehensive and personalized approach as she supports and empowers her clients to achieve their health and lifestyle goals. Coach Susan meets her clients where they are, and works with them to find the right combination of positive lifestyle and behavioral changes that they can implement with lasting results.
To take the next step towards achieving your health goals, schedule your complimentary Breakthrough Session with Coach Susan: