Successful Business Trips: Tips to Make Travel Arrangements for Your Boss
From time to time, executive assistants are required to set up business travel arrangements for their bosses. Arranging a business travel is a serious responsibility that can make or break your boss’ out of town meeting. It requires a great deal of intentionality, foresight and careful planning. While this task can be challenging, there is an art that helps reduce stress and keep your boss happy with the travel arrangements you made.
Although this can be a stressful responsibility, it can be the perfect opportunity to showcase your ability and skills to your boss. Making a successful travel arrangement helps you earn the confidence and trust of your boss. Know the best practices when making travel arrangements, whether it is through airline websites, online packages, or travel agents.
Credits: Dominika Roseclay
- Know Your Boss’ Preferences – Before anything else, it is important to determine your boss’ preference when arranging a business trip.
Here are the following aspects to consider:
- Seating arrangement (aisle or window seat, front or back of the plane)
- Time of arrival at destination
- Airline of their choice
- Hotel of their choice or ones with specific credit cards
- Hotel amenities (Wi-Fi, conference room, pool, gym)
Make sure to address all the preferences and get the particularities down to impress your boss. This only shows him/her your dedication and commitment to your job as an executive assistant.
- Research – If you have no idea about the preferences of your boss, make sure to do your research. There is a lot of information you can find on the Internet about booking flights, hotels, car services, and more. You can also find travel websites and available flights and hotels at discounted rates. Some travel agencies also offer packages that will help you save money. It all comes down to how much time you spend finding the best deals for your boss’s business trip.
- Develop an Itinerary
Creating an itinerary for your boss is a great way to simplify the information of his/her travel. Collect all the vital information to create an itinerary. Here are several key points to keep in mind:
- Bold each date heading, especially multiple flight trips
- Airport names they will be flying from/to
- Driving directions from the airport to their hotel and vice versa
- Hotel contact numbers
- Several good restaurants nearby the hotel that your boss might enjoy
- Major meetings and events your boss will be attending
- Keep Your Boss Updated
Updating your boss about flight delays can be difficult. Luckily, there are apps, like Flight track that he/she can download on their phone to help keep track of any flight delays, baggage claim, locations, gate changes, and seat availability.
Also, keep your boss updated with meetings, events, and flight changes during his/her trip.
- Arrange for Exemplary Transportation
Make sure to arrange ground transportation for your boss. Rather than renting an expensive car, consider a corporate coach rental in Mississauga. Most drivers are familiar with the traffic pattern in the area and can take your boss to his/her destination quickly using a different route.
Keeping your boss in mind is key for a successful business trip. Do not assume things and make sure to keep the communication lines open. Safety, comfort, and pleasure are three important factors when arranging a trip. Follow these tips and your boss will have a hassle-free trip anywhere in any country.