~by Haley Lynn Gray~
Are you thinking that maybe you should start blogging for your business? Starting a blog can be fun, scary, and somewhat intimidating if you’re not the most technical person. But rest assured, you can learn how to do this. If I can figure it out, so can you.
Since I often get questions about starting a blog in my Women’s Entrepreneur Network Facebook Group, I thought I’d post some tips here so that it can be a resource to more people.
Here are my 8 tips to help you start blogging:
1. Decide if it’s something you want to commit to doing consistently (once a day, once a week, once a month, twice a month, etc….)
2. Set up a blog on your site. This is super simple if you are using WordPress.
3. Write your blog post, and then promote, promote, promote your blog post. The more you promote your blog posts, the more traffic you’ll get.
4. Promote your blog posts some more by sharing or pinning on your social media sites, such as Pinterest or Twitter.
5. Make sure each blog post has a featured image, preferably one that is pinnable and displays nicely on social media. You can use a tool like Canva to create your images.
6. Only use images that you have a right to use or you’ll get nailed by certain companies, and possibly sued for thousands of dollars.
7. Use IFTTT (IF This, Then That) to help you promote. Also, use a scheduler (Co-Promote, Buffer, Meet Edgar, etc..) Just pick one. Believe me, using a scheduler is a huge time-saver.
8. Look for guest blogging opportunities to get back-links to your website. Also, find out if those sites will post on your website in return.
As far as what to blog… write about things you know and can get references for. The more the better. Linking to other blogs and articles is considered very good form.
Have you been using Google as your business consultant?
Are you ready to start working with an expert in business instead?
Schedule a consult with me today.
Meet the Author: Haley Lynn Gray
Haley helps female entrepreneurs create a strategy plan for their businesses – so they can make enough money to spend quality time with their family, pay for their children’s dance lessons, pay bills – and not worry about where the next client is coming from.
Haley is a serial entrepreneur and founder of Leadership Girl. She helps other entrepreneurs build their businesses by sharing the benefits of her business education and experience through Business Coaching.
Whether you want to get a new business off the ground or expand an existing business, Haley can assist you.
Connect with Haley:
- Work with Haley: https://leadershipgirl.com/work-with-haley/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Leadershipgirl
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/haleygray