~ by Haley Lynn Gray ~.
Confession time. The posts that promise you’ll make $1,000 a week or some other unrealistic amount of money drive me bonkers. I see people piling on like rats on a sinking ship, and I just shake my head. And if it’s a post in my Facebook group, Women’s Entrepreneur Network, I hit delete as quickly as I possibly can.
It drives me bonkers, I tell ya. You should see the steam coming out of my ears!
Because many of these posts are scams. Anyone who promises you that you’re going to make a certain amount of money by working just two hours a week from home is lying through their teeth.
1. There are no promises or guarantees in business, except that if you come in and do your part, you’re likely to succeed. Doing your part here is critical, and what the word “succeed” means to each person is quite different.
2. Depending on economic conditions, skill sets, personality, alignment of the planets, and too many other factors, making a large amount of money per week may be possible, but it also might not be.
3. Too many people make promises that they can’t deliver. What I can promise you is that if you follow the basic principles of business, you’ll get more visibility and ultimately get more clients. The more effort you make, especially in the beginning, the better you’ll do. Inspired action is great, but you can’t sit around waiting for inspiration to hit, then only take action when you feel that the stars are in proper alignment or the moon is in the right phase. You have to do your part regardless.
4. Please for the love of all that is holy, if someone is promising you can get rich quick with their program or system, STOP! Take a few moments and figure out if they’re genuine or a scam. Take a second for that reality check, please, before you get taken for a ride. I see it all day long in my Women’s Entrepreneur Network Facebook group, and I spend endless hours deleting the get rich quick posts. If I happen to miss one and let it post, I frequently see replies to them. Eek!
.The reality is that there are no guarantees in life or in business. There is no overnight or instant success. Mindset is important, but so is sticking with it, and so is consistency. .
You can do this. I have faith in you. That’s why I started my Facebook group – to support you, and other women like you – to be a community that supports one another.
Have you been using Google as your business consultant?
Are you ready to start working with an expert in business instead?
Schedule a consult with me today.
Meet the Author: Haley Lynn Gray
Haley helps female entrepreneurs create a strategy plan for their businesses – so they can make enough money to spend quality time with their family, pay for their children’s dance lessons, pay bills – and not worry about where the next client is coming from.
Haley is a serial entrepreneur and founder of Leadership Girl. She helps other entrepreneurs build their businesses by sharing the benefits of her business education and experience through Business Coaching.
Whether you want to get a new business off the ground or expand an existing business, Haley can assist you.
Connect with Haley:
- Work with Haley
- Facebook Page: @Leadershipgirl
- LinkedIn: Haley Gray