Working Mom Interview – Jodi Murphy
Jodi Murphy is a Safety Engineer with a construction/maintenance company in Jacksonville, Florida. After a 20 year career in the Navy as a carpenter, Jodi retired and went to college to earn a Masters in Occupational Safety and Health. She now applies her experience to ensure the health and safety of over 200 workers.
Working Mom Interview Q & A
1. Do you stay at home, work at home, or work-outside the home?
I work outside the home.
2. How many kids do you have?
I have three children.
3. What’s your go-to dinner during the week? Do you care to share a recipe?
Home made Chicken Pot Pie.
4. What are your best tips for staying sane?
Organization, planning and being flexible.
5. What are your favorite tools for time/household management?
A dry erase board with everyone’s names and schedules on it next to the calendar.
6. Do you have pets? If so, what kind?
7. What are your hobbies?
Crafting and camping.
Visit all 50 states.
9. If you work, what do you do? How did you decide?
Safety Engineer. I retired from 20 years in the Navy and decided to continue working after a short break to earn a degree.
10. If you work, what’s the most rewarding part about it?
Keeping the people I work with safe so they can go home to their families.
11. If you could choose any career, what would it be?
12. If you could tell your younger self something, what would it be?
Don’t be so serious — having fun is good for you.