5 Tips for Working Parent Balance
As a working mom with four kids, Balance is a never-ending challenge. I have demands constantly pulling me in every single direction. There is my job, my school work, four needy kids, my ailing father, Girl Scouts, Church, and -oh yeah- me. I’m not wonder-woman. I will say that over and over again. I am but one person, bound by the space-time continuum. To get to a state of balance, try these tips for working parents:
Tips for Working Parents
- Make time for yourself. You can not be at your best if you do not take care of your physical needs, including sleep, food, showers, and beauty routines. You will get sick, and it will take longer to recover.
- Make time for your spouse. Pencil it in on your calendar, if you must. Lunch, the occasional dinner, spending time alone together, and just re-connecting. My husband gets really annoyed if I don’t do this regularly. This is key to a well-run household.
- Make time for each of your children and Family. Even if it’s just a little bit of time, or sneaking out for an ice-cream or some time away.
- Let the house slide (within reason). It will still be there tomorrow, or next week. Your children will only be little once. Best bet yet is to simplify the house, so that there is less clutter, and you spend less time cleaning.
- Put things in their time-and-space. That means- when you’re at work, focus on work, with all you have. When you are at home, focus on your family. Do one thing at a time, and do it to the best of your ability.
I hope that this helps. What are your tips?