Tips for Driving Traffic to Your Website
~by Haley Lynn Gray~
Driving traffic to your website and getting in front of more people is the best way to raise visibility of your company, product or service. It’s the holy grail for a lot of business owners – getting in front of more people to get more business.
To get more traffic, there are a few things you must do, and a few things that you may decide to do. Some are free, or inexpensive, and others are quite expensive. You need to decide how much that traffic onto your website is really worth, and whether there is a better way to do it.
So, without any more ado, here’s how to drive that traffic to your website:
- Publicize your website. Make sure that you post links to your website from all of your social media accounts. That means that your Facebook profile needs to have your business listed. So does your LinkedIn profile.
- Create a blog or vlog. Content is king, and quality content is critical to getting website traffic. It’s even better if you have engaging, quality content that has people coming back for more, because you speak their language and are solving their problems.
- Make sure you understand the audience of your website, and fill a need or desire for them.
- Find your people on Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, or other social media sites, and share content that you post with them. (But don’t try to do every single social media platform out there!)
- Submit articles to eZine articles to help drive traffic to your site. I have done it, and need to do more. It does indeed work!
- Sign up for HARO, or Help a Reporter Out, and respond to requests for information. Many of them will also quote you in the article.
- Guest Blogs. I have gotten great traction, and some amazing back links for this website with guest blogs that I’ve written for others. It needs to be unique content to benefit everyone, but I’ve found it is fantastic for driving traffic to your website!
- Videos on Youtube. If you upload videos to Youtube, you can drive traffic back to your website. Make sure that they are high quality, and that they have proper tagging, and other information in them, so that you show yourself in the best possible light.
There are lots of things you can do to drive traffic to your website for free, but if you insist, there are lots of ways you can drive paid traffic to your website, including Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, and Pinterest Ads. Using these methods, you can drive as much traffic to your website, based on targeting, as you can stand. Another paid method, is Outbrain, where you pay to list articles, and they show up on a variety of websites, including the likes of CNN and others.
Meet the Author: Haley Lynn Gray
Haley helps female entrepreneurs create a strategy plan for their businesses – so they can make enough money to spend quality time with their family, pay for their children’s dance lessons, pay bills – and not worry about where the next client is coming from.
Haley is a serial entrepreneur and founder of Leadership Girl. She offers Business Coaching, Business Plan Development and Strategy Sessions for entrepreneurs. Whether you want to get a new business off the ground or expand an existing business, Haley can assist you.
Connect with Haley:
- Work with Haley: http://leadershipgirl.com/work-with-haley/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Leadershipgirl
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/haleygray