Sherri Knight is a working mom of a 12 year old daughter and two dogs, and is a devoted wife. She currently juggles her home life, her career in the Childcare industry, and a part-time job as a Pure Romance consultant. This keeps her quite busy, but she wouldn’t have it any other way.
Interview Q & A
1. Do you stay at home, work at home, or work-outside the home?
I spent the first four years as an at-home-mom, but I currently work outside of the home.
2. How many kids do you have?
I have one beautiful 12 year old daughter named Jordyne.
3. What’s your go-to dinner during the week? Do you care to share a recipe?
My go to dinner is baked spaghetti that my hubby makes with ground turkey, sausage and pepperoni! Absolutely delicious!!!
4. What are your best tips for staying sane?
This may sound cliche, but God! I attend worship service on a regular basis so that I can stay focused. He has also blessed me with a husband who doesn’t mind helping me in any way possible!
5. What are your favorite tools for time/household management?
I am a major planner and darn good multi-tasker. I use a calendar to keep organized with my many meetings, parties, school functions and date nights. And best of all… my daughter won’t let me forget ANYTHING!!!
6. Do you have pets? If so, what kind?
I have two dogs; one is a 49 pound black and white Boarder Collie/ Lab mix, and the other is a 3 pound shitzu/poodle mix. They play together like best friends!
7. What are your hobbies?
I enjoy being creative any chance that I get. I love decorating cakes, designing wreaths, creative writing, and reading self-help books.
8. What’s on your bucket list?
I would like to go indoor skydiving, visit California and Texas, and learn to ride a horse.
9. If you work, what do you do? How did you decide?
I currently work in the childcare industry, and I am also a Pure Romance consultant on the side. I have a BA in Psychology, and after I graduated I began working as a Pre-K teacher. From there I have been everything from a Childcare Director to a Camp Director. I love it!
10. If you work, what’s the most rewarding part about it?
It’s very rewarding to be part of a child’s life as they learn and grow. It melts my heart for a child to meet major milestones and to be there to witness it.
11. If you could choose any career, what would it be?
I am working on a Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy, and would love to work with Families in any capacity.
12. If you could tell your younger self something, what would it be?
Listen to the wisdom of your elders! We may not always agree, but often times they have made mistakes for us. By taking heed, we can save ourselves a lot of unnecessary trouble.